Sunday, July 27, 2008

Muscles (Quote of the Week)

Since I can't post pictures right now, I might as well share some cute stuff from my kids!

We were driving home from swimming yesterday and Super H asked us, "Do you know how to tell when it's dark?" Not quite knowing how to answer this question, I asked him what he meant. He replied, "When the shadows creep up and swallow you, and they climb up the sides of the houses to the top, then it's dark." How insightful! H is really good at asking before he goes and does stuff, which is very comforting for his mother (me). Oh yeah, and during swimming he actually dove in --completely in-- and swam a couple of feet! I was totally surprised. If we keep it up, he should be able to swim a bit by the end of summer! Yes!!

Agent J is so good at sharing, but today he wanted to bring one of his Transformers to church to let one of his little friends play with it during church! Oh dear. I had to explain that his mommy probably wouldn't like that. He ended up bringing the toy for himself, though. (I didn't know until we were there...) Also, J is very quick to do his chores, and they get done very well for a five-year old. But Saturday he just plain didn't want to clean the toilet. But when I sat down and actually told him that he was very good at it, and usually faster at it than H, he smiled and got right to work. Nothing like a little brotherly competition to get ya going, right? :) --During swimming J decided to get under the water and try to swim too! I was absolutely taken aback, because he's always balked at doing the bobs with H and I, or dunking himself. I think it's great! (Even though, for the record, he didn't actually get anywhere with the "swimming". We need to work on the form.)

A few days ago we were heading out to the minivan to go to the library when Master S patted my chest (yes, my breasts) and proudly told me "You have big muscles Mommy!"
...Yes, I'm glad no one was very near to hear, and I'm glad I'm not inserting pictures here. S is potty-training! He has stayed dry at least two days now, and I, for one, hope it continues. He's even running into the bathroom on his own to go, without being reminded!! It's gotta be the strawberry-flavored marshmallows...

Lady R does NOT like to get her diaper changed. Or change her clothes. Or lay down when she's not in the mood, or cuddle, or be held when sitting down (she likes the standing/rocking better). Boy, oh boy, girls are more temperamental from the get-go, aren't they? I thought it would take longer! Aaaack! But she sure is a cutie, so the smiles --and the little kisses she just started giving me!-- are making up for the grumpiness. She is very patient when we are out on a trip, or just driving somewhere, though. Better than most one-year olds, I'd guess. It's really great!

Sometimes I just think it can't get any harder, but then I try to remember stuff like this, and think that it can't get any better! We sure are blessed.

2 comments:

smileynann said...

Becky, we had a family picture taken last week, and about half-way through I realized that Paige was GRABBING me. Yikes. I hope they don't include those ones on the CD!

B and BO said...

Double-yikes!-) At least you discovered it in time, though!