Sunday, March 29, 2009

HOORAAAAAAYYY!!!!!!!

To one and all:
B and BO are now, once again, part of the 21st Century!! Can you tell I'm excited? Pictures will have to come later, but for now, I just wanted to send this message out into the cosmos of humanity... I'm here!

OK, I can't end that way. I have to say a few things about Lady R.

She is a girly-girl, and I didn't teach her that (for all you nature vs. nurture fanatics). She carries a purse. She wraps up her dollies in small blankets/bits of fabric/old cloth diapers we have around/a shirt (yes, I did see this once) -and even has the nursery leaders at church help her wrap up the dolls there at church too! Speaking of church, today we saw her do something that made me laugh and laugh! (quietly, though, I promise!) I have one of those add-a-link charm bracelets, and I wore it to church, but she wanted it. I let her hold it. She did the obligatory in-the-mouth routine -yuck!-, then put it on her ankle. She liked it for a minute, then pulled it up past her knee, to stay for the rest of Sacrament Meeting. It looked like a garter! ha, ha, ha!
Another funny thing: this evening I walked around the corner and found R holding a wipe in one hand and Dora (little Lego-Duplo figurine) in the other, by her tummy. She was carefully cleaning Dora with that wipe. I asked her if she was cleaning and taking good care of Dora, to which she smiled and said "Ya". After a few minutes she finished and I saw her take off through the kitchen toward the toys. Later, when I couldn't figure out why the front of her overalls-skirt was wet, I discovered Rose had stashed the wipe between the bib of the overalls and her shirt, presumably to use again later!

She's a remarkable young girl already.

Oh yeah, and today before church she saw me walk out of the bathroom with my brush, so she held her hand to her head (making sure I could see) and walked into the bathroom.
I followed and asked "Do you want me to fix your hair?"
"Unh." (ie. yes) (=-D

1 comment:

smileynann said...

Welcome back, Becky -- hooray is right! :)

Sweet Rose -- we'd love to have her over sometime. And the rest of you can come, too, I guess. Seriously, it's been so long since you've been on a road trip -- don't you think it's time soon? :) We miss you!!