Yep, you heard me. I'm stooping to that Mom-level. If you don't want to read it, you might want to skip to the next one!
Hope you're not squeamish.
It's not that bad, really. But on Saturday, Lady R p**ped in her new little toilet! Wow! Not fun to clean out, I discovered! But beyond that, I was really proud of her, and made a huge fuss about it and gave her a treat and everything (after washing, silly!). The interesting thing? She's only used the potty a few times before -only actually 'tinkling' once, and now she decides to do this! Yep, I'm pretty proud of her.
Sidenote: Master S has stayed dry for the whole night now for a few days. Keep it up!
Why is it that I am uncomfortable saying the word p**p? OK, poop. There, I did it. I think it's carry-over from my youth. Mom didn't like us to say it (or 'pee'); too slang, maybe? We were expected to use the phrase "I need to use the bathroom." or "I need to use the toilet." I have my children say those too, but I don't actually stop them from using the 'p' words. (which means that they say them all the time, and for some reason I flinch every time they do!) Does anyone else have issues with this?
Or any other words/phrases their parents wouldn't let them say as kids?
Or am I the only one with carryover from my childhood? ha, ha!
So glad I didn't put a photo on this post, aren't you? Aren't you? Yeah, you are.
12 years ago
4 comments:
So, I do recall another word being used in our house. It started with a "g". I can't even write it, much less say it, it is such an ugly word for me to think about! I shiver. I shake. I change the subject. How's the weather? :)
Karen
What??!
gross?
grody?
girly? =D no clue.
But I just remembered another one: shut-up. I still remember how Mom explained it too, that everyone's got something to say, and we shouldn't stop them if they're willing to put up with and listen to us. And yes, I've used the same explanation to our kids, who are also not allowed to say 'shut-up'(nor their parents :).
Holy cow, Brian just reminded me!!!!! Does it perchance end in an '-nt'?
Eewwwwwwww!!!!! (I can't write it either.)
you got it, babe. Ewwwwww is right. Everytime I see it written or said in normal conversation, I glaze over a bit and cringe. I was always so embarrassed when I had a friend over as a teen and kim or seth said that. uggh.
I didn't remember the shut up explanation. sounds logical. of course, logical wouldn't have worked on us crazies! :)
Karen
Post a Comment