Monday, April 20, 2009

We Got It!!!

We did it. We finally got the vacuum of my dreams!!
Thank you, thrift store vacuum that wouldn't work. I'll be forever grateful.

I love this vacuum!!

OK, da-BomB would say, "We love people, not things", but being an allergy/asthma sufferer and resident mess-cleaner-upper, I really, really, really, really, really very much like this vacuum.

It seriously does everything it says it does. It picks up everything. Unloading the canister is a simple two-step/one-hand process. It expels cleaner air than what goes in it. It comes with a lifetime hepa filter and only one other filter that only has to be rinsed out every six months (and then put right back in). No more filter buying! No more sneezing on vacuuming days! I'm totally attached to this Dyson for as long as ever I will vacuum.

No lie.

The only thing I could possibly complain (ever so softly) about is that it is not the quietest vacuum I've ever used. But nor is it the loudest either! So I'm OK with it.

Here are just a couple of sites to check out if you want to see it. (because I'm not sure what photos are copyrighted, or even how to go about finding out if they are...)

Slick Vacuum -click on Dyson DC07 (under "Pictures of my Dyson Vacuum") to see the full-size view --ours is the yellow one :)
Dyson website -for something interesting, in the left-hand list, click on 'Carbon Free'. For something really interesting, click on the Airblade hand dryer. I'd get one for my home.

3 comments:

Kristi Young said...

I am truly, deeply jealous. I've wanted that vacuum forever! And to make matters worse, the only vacuum we have is a 15 dollar handheld with a long handle and a wide attachment at the bottom. It sucks! (actually, it doesn't. that's the problem...)

Unknown said...

There are somethings I love. Not as much as people, but still I LOVE them. English is so limiting because we only have one word for love when other languages have different ways to express the many levels of affection. That being said, we have been renting a house that has no carpet and when I finally get me a home with carpet.. I will LOVE it!!

B and BO said...

love the carpet, or love the vacuum? Cuz I gotta say, the carpet is much warmer for your feet (especially that first step in the morning), but worse for my allergies. That's why this vacuum's so great!