Sunday, April 13, 2008

Boo for Hollywood

Sometimes movies can be a little too realistic.
Today the boys were watching a new Backyardigans I taped off the TV (no Tivo), and I went into the bedroom to have myself a little Sunday afternoon snooze. A little while later I heard a ruckus coming from the living room. da-BomB jumped up from the computer to go see, and I hurried up off the bed to go make sure things were OK, and the second I entered the room, I knew what had happened. The tape I used for the kids' show had already been used once before, to tape Jurassic Park III (I had forgotten this). After the Backyardigans was over, they ended up watching about five minutes of the movie, and it just happened to be my least favorite, scary part --where the parents 'fess up about their lost son, and they all get freaked out and try to leave the island, but a huge dinosaur jumps out and knocks the airplane out of the sky, stomps one guy into the ground and chases down and eats another. There's lots of screaming and it's very tense, AND NOT A CHILDREN'S MOVIE!! I tried and tried, but I don't think I quite convinced Super H that it was totally fake (fake blood and nobody really died, or even got hurt), and the dinosaur was created by a computer, and the story was completely pretend. How can I do that when Hollywood creates such amazingly realistic movies, though? Poor guy.

(For the record: Hyrum told me he tried to tell Jacob that they shouldn't watch it, but I guess Jacob wanted to; hence, the ruckus.)

No comments: