Today was the last day of our Japanese class. It is kinda sad to have it over, but kind-of a relief. I really enjoyed having a chance to get out and have a class again (and learn that no, I don't have time yet to do any kind of real studying, so classes will have to wait a bit longer). It was a Continuing-Ed class, so there wasn't a whole lot of pressure, just a good time to get together and hear the Japanese language being spoken, and practice in a low-key environment with other beginners. I'll be honest, though: I'm glad it's over so we don't have to pay a babysitter every week!
Tonight our instructor, Nobuko, showed us about the Japanese Tea Ceremony. She made tea for us, showed us basically how to hold the cup, some polite manners, simple utensils used, and everyone got to participate and actually ask questions. No, da-Bomb and I did not drink the tea, but we tried to be polite about it, and even tried to tell her in Japanese! I totally messed it up, though. She said it was okay, because you really have to make mistakes in a new language in order to really learn it--it becomes etched in your mind because of the mistake. Isn't that interesting?
I wonder what other interesting things I'll learn about the Japanese culture along this path we're taking?
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment