What is it about doing laundry that seems so basic and fundamental? I wash our children's clothes and sometimes picture women laundering their children's clothes hundreds of years ago. Of course, imagining this is always easiest when I'm hand-washing something (blech).
Let me just say that in the past two weeks I have scrubbed some article of clothing every day. Wait-- no, I may have missed a day or two, but that was just a glitch, a little slip-up by the kids. They have made up for it since. No one can say that Mister S isn't getting better with his motor skills (spoon-to-mouth), or that Lady R's bowels don't work! Yikes. (Super H is recovering nicely from his throwing up couple-of-days, though, for anyone who actually knew about it.)
I am grateful for healthy, vibrant children!
This is interesting: the president of a Native American University in Canada came and spoke at UNM today. He happens to know one of da-BomB's professors, and so he came and spoke to them (in class) first. B got to have a one-on-one chat with him, and out of the blue was offered a job! Isn't that crazy? In Regina, Saskatchewan, C-ay-N-ay-D-ay (:) at First Nations University there's a place where we could fit in (in real-world-land) right now. Double crazy.
The thing is, we still feel like we need to go to Japan. Well, that we're supposed to go at this time, anyway. The Lord has basically led us wherever we've gone thus far in our marriage, why should we stop now? ha, ha!
And there has always been laundry wherever we end up. =)
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment