You know, I love to watch snow. It's peaceful.
The first time I remember thinking this was when some Australian friends-of-family were at the cabin watching snow fall for the first time. Ever. They had to be in their sixties, I'm guessing, and he just stood there at the window for the longest time. Someone asked him what he thought about it all and he said, "It just... keeps coming, down out of the sky, like that..."
Sometimes it's not peaceful, but frightening; like for a fairly new driver who's heard horror stories about black ice, white-outs (from headlights on heavy-falling snow), etc. We won't go into this now.
Sometimes snow is just plain funny--like last Friday. We have been having 70-deg. weather lately. I won't lie, I think it's awesome! But then last Friday morning it decided to snow a bit! It probably only dipped down into the forties, but it was trying to snow! ha, ha, ha!! It was a pretty pathetic attempt, just a few flakes swirling around a lot in the sunshine, but I guess I appreciated the beauty of it.
But I'll appreciate the 76-or-so-degrees tomorrow with partly cloudy skies and a light breeze even more. B-)
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment